Sunday 23 February 2014

My favourite things I did in India

Here are my top Five things that I did whilst I was in India from Number 5 what i enjoyed to Number 1 my favourite thing to do.

5. Continental Breakfast 
On our last day in India we went to a really posh hotel for the best Breakfast ever. Now in my previous blog post I said about how I didn't really enjoy Indian food, although I tried most of the food served, it wasn't for me. So going to this hotel was lovely because we got proper English food, I know probably not the most popular thing to do on holiday but when you've had curry for three meals a day for 13 days you really appreciate the small things. 

4. Overnight train ride
This was a big experience, something which you will never be able to get in the UK. We took a overnight train ride from Bangalore to Goa. First of all the train stations are nothing like the UK its so busy people are hanging off trains people are walking all over the tracks. But for our overnight journey we had little rooms. this basically had 3 beds on each wall all on top of each other, with a curtain to stop other people from walking in. If you needed the toilet you had a choice of either a hole in the ground or a seat with a hole in the ground. One memory I have is really needing the loo one night so I got up and went (Luckly found the toilet with the seat) and when i came back I was walking down the narrow corridor and couldn't remember what curtain i was behind so I had to peek into everyones section to try and find all my friends, very scary when your alone on a pitch black train. But a good experience to have try whilst in India



3. Henna 
One of the things I loved getting done whilst I was in India was my henna. We got it done by a local lady who worked where we were staying. She did it all freehand, didn't have any plans or ideas, just did it as she went. Its beautiful and i could still see mine faintly weeks after I had it done! If you do get it done though, make sure your not allergic, my friend had a terrible reaction to it! 


2. Going on an elephant
Another thing which I think is a must if your going to india is going on an elephant ride. We were lucky enough to get to go on an elephant ride and also wash the elephant then the elephant washed us! Its a pretty amazing thing to be able to do and really is a one in a life time experience unless your a regular traveller.  



1. Being with the local children 
My most favourite part of the whole trip has to be spending time with the local children, it was so nice to see children who didn't have half the things children have in other parts of the world but they were still so happy! How they came in during there half term to help us build the vegetable patch, how they gave us all a bunch of flowers before we left and played cricket with us, it really was an amazing time!

 Here's a picture of the India 2012 Team:




No comments:

Post a Comment